leviathan101: (Bones pop whoosh nigel hodgins)
[personal profile] leviathan101
Maybe I'm easy to please. Maybe I've missed new Bones so much. I don't know, but overall I liked The Bones that Foam. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't horrible either. Granted, I didn't like everything about it. I could complain about the few parts that I felt were wrong, but I decided that I'd rather post my quick points as to what I liked instead of what I didn't like.

What I liked:

1. Nigel-Murray's uncanny way of introducing facts (related or unrelated) into the storyline. Also loved how Cam picked up on it as his way of keeping focus and clarity over the situation. Anyone who knows me well will understand why I like this trait. Nigel-Murray is my favorite of the interns with Wendell close behind. They are both behind Zack, of course.

2. Lockdown happened three times this ep!

3. Brennan and Angela's talk about Booth being different around her than with other people. Girl talk!

4. King of the lab!! Go Hodgins.

5. Magnifier on, pop! whoosh! Nigel-Murray and Hodgins blame it on the corpse.

6. Booth's 'rawr!' and Brennan's annoyance.

7. Brennan wanting to learn to read people better, but admitting that Booth is better at it than her. She can't learn everything. Some things are instinctual.

8. When comparing driving the car to making love, Brennan is 'passionate and uninhibited rather than gentle.' Booth is definitely in for a ride. ♥

9. David's crane shooting and camera angles. I also loved seeing the videos of the cast saying how great he was at directing as well as reading the interview with Hart Hansen and Stephen Nathan complimenting his directing skills. Yay for David.


Favorite quotes:

Cam: Is there anything you don't know?
Nigel-Murray: Yes, the murder weapon.

Brennan: Brilliant at stupidity? Why would Booth do that?
Angela: Well, he knows that you like to be the smart one so he lets you have that.

Booth: Driving a machine like this is like making love. You have to go gently.
Brennan: I go more for passionate and uninhibited rather than gentle.

Booth: That's my gun. (I didn't like the scene, but loved the quote and the look on his face)

Chick: Look, I love my husband!
Booth: So does his brother.

Also wanted to link to this interview with David from EW (w/end of season spoilers mentioned), because I enjoyed it and really laughed at this quote: The show's not gonna go bad. The relationship's not gonna be messed up. You will enjoy it. And you will understand it. And I guarantee you it's not gonna mess anything up. Slow down. Step away from the ledge, people. People on the Internet, step away from your computer keyboards right now. Go get a Nestle Quik drink. Strawberry preferably. Mix it up. Relax. Comfort food for all. [Laughs]

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 06:05 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] inanna-ishtar.livejournal.com
The ep made me laugh. Even the boyfriend, who usually doesn't watch Bones, managed to not only watch the entire ep but also admit at the end he'd enjoyed it. I think he laughed more times than I did.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 06:34 am (UTC)
ext_18168: (Default)
From: [identity profile] leviathan101.livejournal.com
I think it's great that more people found it enjoyable. :)

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 06:08 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] greatbriton.livejournal.com
I hope they pick an intern by the end of the season. I like some of them but I can't handle another season of the rotation. Nigel-Murray warmed himself to me today...I'd like him if not Wendell.

Girl Talk was definitely nice. Awww... <3 Bones/Angela talks.

And I totally forgot to mention the King of the Lab! bit on my journal. I was so pleased he said that. And his comment to Nigel-Murray.. "You can't ruin it for me. KING OF THE LAB!"

Also loved those two's enthusiasm when Cam told them they could take the body out of its containment. :)

I loved that "Comfort Food" quote too. made me laugh

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 06:40 am (UTC)
ext_18168: (Default)
From: [identity profile] leviathan101.livejournal.com
I hope they pick an intern by the end of the season.

I hope they do too, and I hope it will be Zack. I know that's a longshot.

Maybe that's why some people find the season so disjointed--they keep jostling around the interns. I know when the season first started, I was annoyed that they kept bringing these different people in to do Zack's job. Then I just got used to it. They've gotten rid of some and now seem to be down to three: Fisher, Nigel-Murray, and Wendell, and I don't really dislike any of them.

And his comment to Nigel-Murray.. "You can't ruin it for me. KING OF THE LAB!"

Also loved those two's enthusiasm when Cam told them they could take the body out of its containment. :)


So funny! I loved their excitement and kind of wanted to squeee with them! Also love when Hodgins insisted he was King of the Lab. Hodgins <3

Hmmm, I really need to get some Hodgins userpics. This is the only one I have!

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 06:49 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] greatbriton.livejournal.com
I love me some Zack, I just can't see a way for him to come back and it be believable. He's compromised. I just don't see how the FBI would work with him again. But I <333. I'd love to see him back in some capacity though. As long as its not Fisher. Ugh. He annoys me.

I have a couple Hodgins icons. He's fantastic. And TJ Thyne is a tremendous actor from everything I've seen him in.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 06:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] forensicmama.livejournal.com
I loved this episode. And that ending scene was just so Booth and Brennan. It was perfect for them. Loving, bickering, laughing, flirting, sexual innuendos all rolled up in one. Perfection. :D

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 06:45 am (UTC)
ext_18168: (Default)
From: [identity profile] leviathan101.livejournal.com
I totally love their bickering. Best line: "You're a scientist.. you can figure it out!" David's delivery of that line is perfection!! Brennan's comeback also made me smile: "I'm a scientist, not a mechanic!" It really was cute and David and Emily are awesome when they're playing BB pissed at each other. I think I would have liked the scene more if Booth wouldn't have gotten into the cab, though. I would have liked a nice fade to black as they're still arguing in the middle of the street.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 08:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kballgetlost.livejournal.com
KING OF THE LAB!! That alone made me so happy, lol. But I liked this ep too....it was light and well done. It wasn't omg best ep ever but it was good. And we still have 10 new eps in a row to go!!

I'm not sure if I want them to pick an intern or just keep rotating. I've kinda grown to like a few of them ( none will ever match Zack of course) so I don't know how I feel about all that!

And yay for Angela/Brennan girl talk! They still need to do that more often!

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-14 02:57 am (UTC)
ext_18168: (Default)
From: [identity profile] leviathan101.livejournal.com
LOL that icon is hilarious!

it was light and well done. It wasn't omg best ep ever but it was good.

That's where I am too. It had problems but it was also enjoyable, which is why I watch TV in the first place.

(none will ever match Zack of course)

Seriously! Zack is legendary. I'm still hoping he'll be back in a permanent fashion.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-13 08:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mistletoe54.livejournal.com
I'm pleased it's not just me then. Some of my friends were very derogatory of the episode but I liked it - see my response on my journal which is not that different from yours. I didn't mind the lapdance sequence on the whole.

I still prefer Wendell to Mr Nigel-Murray who actually comes third in my list of semi-regulars. At least there was some explanation of his random factoids this week. In fact there was a lot of explanation this week. I guess I was reassured that it meant some sort of continuity being recognized.

David did a very competent job and I thought the cast was very relaxed. I am avoiding all spoilers. I don't like to watch when I know what will happen. Maybe that's why I can enjoy the current batch of episodes more than other people can.

(no subject)

Date: 2009-03-14 03:15 am (UTC)
ext_18168: (Default)
From: [identity profile] leviathan101.livejournal.com
I'm also glad that there are others that enjoyed it. I didn't love it, but I didn't dislike it either. I was a little worried about posting my thoughts because I didn't think they were very popular.

I am avoiding all spoilers. I don't like to watch when I know what will happen. Maybe that's why I can enjoy the current batch of episodes more than other people can.

Not necessarily, though, because I am not avoiding spoilers and I'm enjoying the eps. I'm not reading the sides, though, because those give the case away. But I love to read the interviews, the synopsis, and see the photos. I have no self-control over those things. :)

Profile

leviathan101: (Default)
leviathan101

June 2012

S M T W T F S
     12
345 6789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags