*There's a new vidding awards site in town, called Creative Junkyard Awards.
dreamrequiem runs it, and I just love her work. I think the judging will be pretty competitive, so go and submit your best! Judging is three times per year.
*A vid rec, for anyone who's watched Firefly and those who haven't.
dreamrequiem made a fantastic video called Memories of Firefly. It's a beautiful, nostalgic look at the unique series. I enjoyed it immensely and found myself missing the show again. When I rewatched a couple of months ago, I never did rewatch Serenity.
*Speaking of nostalgia, a friend (
greatbriton) has been watching Doctor Who for the first time. Reading her entries of Nine and Rose and then Nine's transformation to Ten has made me miss it too! I actually went and watched Learn You Inside Out again. I could have watched better videos, I know, but that was the one that started off quoting the Children in Need special which is what we were talking about. I haven't watched the video in so long, and I got misty. I miss Doctor/Rose and their adventures. :( Oh, and the Gallifrey Awards are up. I'm pretty excited that Winter in my Heart took a couple.
And then I have other friends who are watching Angel for the first time and so I've been rewatching a lot of those episodes too. I forgot how much awe I have for that show. It's still my favorite of all. Brilliant Joss, IMO.
And then there's Bones, which I just adore. I'm so glad that it's back on weekly now. It's been awesome downloading it and watching it on Wednesdays (from the Canadian broadcast), but I guess Fox decided that was a bad idea and now Canada airs it on Thursdays as normal. Thursdays are so hard for me to watch anything, and with me being on the West Coast, pretty much everyone sees the episode first. Phooey. But whatever it takes.
Dollhouse has been intriguing and I'm really looking forward to this week's episode. Love the geeky Topher, and I love how some of the subjects are retaining memories or slight feelings after they've been wiped. The shower scene last week was pretty funny.
I've watched about six episodes of How I Met Your Mother for the much-needed laughs. Love Ted and his adventures to find his girl, but love Barney so much more. Gosh he's hilarious. The writing is witty and funny, so I'm having fun.
That's pretty much the extent of my TV viewing lately. Oh, and American Idol is entertaining me too. I'm rooting for Adam, Allison, Scott and Danny.
RL: I just cut off another gray hair today. That's just wrong.
*A vid rec, for anyone who's watched Firefly and those who haven't.
*Speaking of nostalgia, a friend (
And then I have other friends who are watching Angel for the first time and so I've been rewatching a lot of those episodes too. I forgot how much awe I have for that show. It's still my favorite of all. Brilliant Joss, IMO.
And then there's Bones, which I just adore. I'm so glad that it's back on weekly now. It's been awesome downloading it and watching it on Wednesdays (from the Canadian broadcast), but I guess Fox decided that was a bad idea and now Canada airs it on Thursdays as normal. Thursdays are so hard for me to watch anything, and with me being on the West Coast, pretty much everyone sees the episode first. Phooey. But whatever it takes.
Dollhouse has been intriguing and I'm really looking forward to this week's episode. Love the geeky Topher, and I love how some of the subjects are retaining memories or slight feelings after they've been wiped. The shower scene last week was pretty funny.
I've watched about six episodes of How I Met Your Mother for the much-needed laughs. Love Ted and his adventures to find his girl, but love Barney so much more. Gosh he's hilarious. The writing is witty and funny, so I'm having fun.
That's pretty much the extent of my TV viewing lately. Oh, and American Idol is entertaining me too. I'm rooting for Adam, Allison, Scott and Danny.
RL: I just cut off another gray hair today. That's just wrong.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-18 10:17 pm (UTC)alright...now I use my words. Firefly vid! I'm a watching! :)
I totally just watched your Ten/Rose video you linked in my journal and here. So so so lovely. I will rewatch it again once I've gotten farther into the show, but I still loved it. Very well done! I'm having a feeling I'm going to love me some Tennant. *pets cute puppy man*
The news about Bones being on Thursdays in Canada now is rubbish! Stupid Canada. I loved you for a couple weeks there. Then you go and break my heart. :(
Still haven't watched last week's episode of Dollhouse. Need to do that.
And Barney!! The rest of the characters had to grow on my some for me to really start to just LOVE but Barney was loved from the very beginning.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 04:35 am (UTC)I wasn't sure if you'd watched Firefly. Does that mean you have watched it?
I totally just watched your Ten/Rose video you linked in my journal and here. So so so lovely.
♥ ♥ ♥ I still think the song is just beautiful, and I'm surprised that I haven't seen any other videos to it. I guess if I searched, I'd find, so I wont search. The song is totally Ten/Rose to me.
The news about Bones being on Thursdays in Canada now is rubbish! Stupid Canada.
LOL that reminds me of Hodgin's line about going from geniuses to idiots in three seconds. LOL
Barney is just hilarious. The first video clip I saw that struck me was in the steel cage thing, where Barney was giving driving lessons (or taking them.. I don't remember) and they were going HELLA slow and then there was a dog in the way. Oh my gosh, I LOLed! I knew I had to check the show out. Comedies rock.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:25 am (UTC)The song is beautiful. I think its great that you let a song really stick out to you before you make a vid. A lot of people you can tell they are just forcing a song to work with their vid.
LOL that reminds me of Hodgin's line about going from geniuses to idiots in three seconds. LOL
Awwww. that was such a cute scene. <3
OMG! Barney and his driving lessons. Ted was trying to show him how to drive and just laughing at him as he slowly drove through the parking lot. He ended up slowly running into a bush or something. lmao! ooh. genius.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-18 10:31 pm (UTC)HIMYM is something I always wonder about cos so many people seemt o enjoy it. I have no time for more shows though.
Still not started Dollhouse but am d/ling episodes so will watch soon.
Still Season 5 Angel to go :) :) Maybe this time G is away. Otherwise it'll be for next time (not decided yet)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-18 10:53 pm (UTC)It's really fun and Barney is awesome!
Still Season 5 Angel to go :) :) Maybe this time G is away. Otherwise it'll be for next time (not decided yet)
Now, now, now! I want to see your reactions!
P.S Sorry for butting in, Lev!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-20 05:16 pm (UTC)we love the butting in *glee*
i'll get to season 5 soon and i will of course share *hugs*
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 04:45 am (UTC)Did you hear that next week Bones is not on due to the Obama press conference and show shifting? I am NOT impressed!!! :( :(
HIMYM is really funny and I'm enjoying it. Another good thing about it is a half hour show, so cut out the commercials and it's only 21 minutes. That's something that I can usually squeeze in. But not you... because you need to watch Angel stat. (yeah, I'm using the icon again just to tempt you) :)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-20 05:17 pm (UTC)Short shows PWN. That;s one thing I love about Scrubs and Friends - you can just sneak one in. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-18 10:50 pm (UTC)Although Global is advertising it as being on a "special day", so is this just a one-off? You think they'd advertise it as a "new day"...
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:25 am (UTC)Yes, you are right. At least we were pampered for two weeks with early downloads. :)
Although Global is advertising it as being on a "special day", so is this just a one-off? You think they'd advertise it as a "new day"...
I am going off of this: http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/1688720.html. But when I view the link, the video is only available to Canadians I think. So, the text is pretty much all I have.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:46 am (UTC)The text on the main global page says: "New Episode, Special Day Thursday 8.00 et/pt."
I would assume it's permanent, just strange wording I guess.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:17 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-18 10:55 pm (UTC)And I know about the grey hairs. I'm not thirty yet (eight more weeks of twentysomethingness to go) and I'm getting them too!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:32 am (UTC)Aw, you shouldn't get them yet! It's just not right. I was talking to my cousin earlier today. She's 32 and says she gets them too. What is wrong with the world... WE ARE NOT OLD!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 01:47 am (UTC)It must be so much fun to read posts by a new DW watcher! Yayyyyyy to
And again..hugs and cheers to you for Winter in My Heart's GA wins!! ♥
It must be a joy too to chat with new Angel watchers. How I miss those early days of watching Buffy and Angel and talking with you. It's hard to explain how dearly I treasure having discovered Buffyverse...and it's hard to believe I went so long without Buffy and Angel in my heart!
I'm thrilled Bones is back to weekly episodes but it's too bad we won't be getting it early any longer as Global is going to air on Thursdays now, too :( ...read that yesterday I think.
I've been keeping up with Dollhouse and think it's got some great things going for it, but I'm not completely sold on it quite yet. I guess I need a few more episodes. :) I did think the shower scene last week was very funny..."man reaction" indeed. :D
I didn't know you had watched any of "How I Met Your Mother" I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it..I'd love to see Alyson in it, I bet she's so fabulous.
And..I'm not happy with the grey hairs I am seeing on my head. Don't like it. One bit. :(
ETA: How could have I forgotten to type this....
You soooo could NOT watch a better video....Learn You Inside Out is...gorgeously gorgeously magnificent. sighh.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 04:31 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:22 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:41 am (UTC)I am right there with you on that! How else am I suppose to better express my opinions and mood and/or make funny comments through my favorite characters? Gah!
I only have two DW icons atm and even I think that's too few.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:49 am (UTC)Remember years ago, I tried to get you to go see Serenity at the theater? You never did! One day you should pick up Firefly and watch it. It's something like 12 episodes and a movie. It's a great show.
It must be a joy too to chat with new Angel watchers.
It really is a blast to see their reactions to both Angel and DW! It reminds me of when I posted my reactions to Angel and my flist would respond with how much they were enjoying the read. I finally get how that feels.
I didn't know you had watched any of "How I Met Your Mother" I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it..I'd love to see Alyson in it, I bet she's so fabulous.
Alyson is one of the big reasons why I wanted to watch it. She's the reason I noticed it at all. Then there's Neil Patrick Harris who's just damn hilarious. greatbriton and I were posting a lot in the steelcage madness polls last week, and we watched some very cute animations and video clips for the series. So when she started watching, I knew I wanted to check it out too. I am loving the comedy.
I used to love Everybody Loves Raymond because I love to laugh. So this kind of reminds me of that. Even though the actors are younger, I'm just liking the pure comedy.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 02:02 am (UTC)Excuse me. I totally disagree with this statement. ♥ ♥ ♥ that vid!!!!!!!!!!! \o/
Also, YAY CONGRATS On the GA wins! *MASSIVE!HUGS*
And you must tell me which vids you are submitting to the Creative Junkyard Awards. :D I curious. ♥
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 04:11 am (UTC)Also, YAY CONGRATS On the GA wins! *MASSIVE!HUGS*
You too!! You rocked the vote.
And you must tell me which vids you are submitting to the Creative Junkyard Awards. :D I curious. ♥
You tell me which three that you submitted first, then I'll decide what to submit. LOL. I just don't want to go up against any of yours! That'd be vid suicide.
BTW, I've been playing a lot of Zelda: Ocarina of Time lately. I love that game! Guess I am totally going through nostalgia lately. :\
Another BTW, where are you in your Bones viewings?
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 04:42 am (UTC)GOOD! I'd have come over there and hit you with a pillow if you'd wanted to re-edit that masterpiece.
You tell me which three that you submitted first, then I'll decide what to submit. LOL. I just don't want to go up against any of yours! That'd be vid suicide.
Ohh pffff. Fine. Be that way. :P
BTW, I've been playing a lot of Zelda: Ocarina of Time lately. I love that game! Guess I am totally going through nostalgia lately. :\
OMG I LOVE THAT GAME! That is like, one of the bestest games evah. \o/ Now you've made ME want to play it again. And what's the :/ face for? *pokes*
Bones! I just finished 2x16 The Boneless Bride in the River. Bai bai Sully. *waves* And poor Booth. :( But at least it worked out in the end... ♥
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 04:58 am (UTC)You think I'm kidding but I'm not. ;)
No wonder, a little birdie told me. LOL
OMG I LOVE THAT GAME! That is like, one of the bestest games evah. \o/
I figured you would understand! And yeah, totally one of the bestest games evah. I just got the urge a couple of weeks ago after I had played some of The Legend of Zelda. I am playing the 'Master Quest' version, which is supposed to be harder than the original. I'm kinda stuck in Dodongo's Cavern, currently.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:05 am (UTC)No wonder, a little birdie told me. LOL
Blast that little birdie! Did it tell you what I submitted and where, or do I still have to do that? ;) And anyway... you're absolutely silly for thinking that way. You are an AMAZING vidder and people love you and your work. ♥
I am playing the 'Master Quest' version, which is supposed to be harder than the original. I'm kinda stuck in Dodongo's Cavern, currently.
Oh I totally understand. I've played that game like... well, a lot. If I told you how much it'd be a little embarrassing lol! I have the Master Quest version too, but I think I only tried it the once and I got so stuck I just went back to the original. That was years ago, though. I'll have to try the hard version again. :D
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:38 am (UTC)LOL, no worries. The birdie chirped in my ear and as a result I'm considering not entering anything. ;)
I have the Master Quest version too, but I think I only tried it the once and I got so stuck I just went back to the original.
Wimp. ;)
Did you ever play Twilight Princess? I got stuck in the first dungeon and I gave up. Lev = wimp too.
But back to Ocarina, I played the original and really wanted to see the changes for master quest. And my kids are enjoying watching me play, so that's a plus! It's almost like... family time, LOL. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 05:46 am (UTC)Whaaaaaaaaaat! Dude, okay, that's crap. You at least have to put in SOMETHING! Come on! Why not? :( *pouts and stomps foot* I don't want to be in there all alone...
Maybe I was a wimp. I tried that years ago. Like...whenever that version came out, which was a long time ago. I'd have to see how I'd do now days. *is tempted*
Twilight Princess is AWESOME. I ♥ it dearly. You should try it again sometime. :) I just finished it a second time through not too long ago.
Haha I can totally relate to your kids, I love watching my brothers play video games. I don't know why. I just do. :) It is very fun!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:05 am (UTC)Okay, kinda kidding. It can't actually be hideous because it's John Crichton. But I bet I could do LOADS better with it now.
And I'm totally kidding about not submitting a video. I probably will do so at some point. I have no idea which one(s), though. Maybe I'll ask Reese. lol
Twilight Princess is AWESOME. I ♥ it dearly. You should try it again sometime. :) I just finished it a second time through not too long ago.
Whaaaa?! TWICE! I fail. LOL
Well maybe when I finish Master Quest (like a year from now at this rate), I'll start over with Twilight Princess. It all sounds very fun to me. Zelda = win!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:17 am (UTC)Okay, kinda kidding. It can't actually be hideous because it's John Crichton. But I bet I could do LOADS better with it now.
Maybe you could do loads more with it, but it's still a fabulous icon! I loves it. Don't insults it. :( And LOL no, John Crichton can't look hideous. Not in that hawt picture, anyway. ;)
And I'm totally kidding about not submitting a video. I probably will do so at some point. I have no idea which one(s), though. Maybe I'll ask Reese. lol
Oh good. I really thought you were being serious! :O Don't do that to me, meanie. :P I'm so glad though! Yay!
Whaaaa?! TWICE! I fail. LOL
Well maybe when I finish Master Quest (like a year from now at this rate), I'll start over with Twilight Princess. It all sounds very fun to me. Zelda = win!
LOL well I played it when it first came out and then went through it again only just recently. You don't fail. ;) You just... should try again sometime. After the Master Quest thing. ;) It IS very fun! \o/ And Zelda TOTALLY = WIN! I love those games so much. :D Fun times!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:36 am (UTC)I've probably asked you this before, but did you play any of the Final Fantasy games? You know what's funny? Or sad depending on who you are? I'm pretty sure I played my first Final Fantasy game when you were like 2 years old. I guess this goes along with the gray hair comment from above. :(
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:44 am (UTC)Hmmm, you could be onto something there. ;)
And now I recall that that icon won something in one of the Terra Firma beach bashes they had. I think. *is somewhat proud*
YEAH it won something! It got like FIRST place! Silly girl! You SHOULD be proud! :D
Admittedly, shockingly, I haven't played any FF games. :O Not sure how that happened, given how extremely popular it is. I think I played a demo for one once, and I saw the animated movie though. Does that count? XD
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:48 am (UTC)LMAO
I actually don't like the new FF games. I love FF3 with a passion though. I wish they'd remake it for the Wii.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 06:48 am (UTC)I keep trying to tell her that but she doesn't like to listen. Don't worry though, I won't let her get away with it.
And thanks for the rec, Lev! I'm so glad to get such wonderful feedback for Memories of Firefly, especially since it's the first video of mine that YT has rejected offhand for copyrighted music, which means not as many people will see it. Bunch of cyber nazis.
And....I can't believe you two are talking about Zelda. I love that game, except I got frustrated as a child because I couldn't figure out how to play it. I just kept hopping around the fairy forest and running into walls, which took some of the fun out of it. I was considering trying it again in the near future but I'll probably just start a new round of Shining Force instead...well, when I get a new computer that is.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 07:33 am (UTC)Yeah I'm stubborn like that. ;)
How much longer are you taking nominations BTW? Was it a couple of months?
Ooooh more Zelda! I miss it, so I picked it back up and am having a blast. Which Zelda game did you play when you were a kid? Both of my kids are enjoying playing, with Brayden playing the really old Nintendo version and Connor playing the Ocarina of Time. Of course, they're just having fun doing nothing and not really getting anywhere, but that's how you learn. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 01:19 pm (UTC)I played Ocarina of Time and somebody's Mask (I could never pronounce that one). Though Zelda was never something I got that into. I always WANTED to because I loved the names and the concept but I was more of a Mario person...I played all of the various Mario games at one friend's house and then another friend had Sega Genesis so I was a huge fan of Aladdin, Sonic, Sonic Spinball, Lion King and Wiz N Liz (which I still play now and then on my computer, since I have emulators for them). The only game system I owned myself was N64, so I still break it out again and play it when I get the urge. And you're making me all nostalgic so I think I'm going to play some Super Mario 64 right now.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 10:18 pm (UTC)Sorry to be a buzz kill.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-19 10:28 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-03-20 12:30 pm (UTC)Phooey indeed. Thursday is the one night all week that I usually out of the house and it has to be on then?!? Bah... Stupid FOX... I'm sure they forced Global to take it off Wednesdays because they didn't like being the 2nd network to air their own show.
Dollhouse has been intriguing and I'm really looking forward to this week's episode. Love the geeky Topher, and I love how some of the subjects are retaining memories or slight feelings after they've been wiped. The shower scene last week was pretty funny.
I'm really enjoying it too and my brother says that the last three eps of the season are totally mind blowing and that now he finally 'gets' Joss. So I'm really looking forward to those. We're just starting to get into what Joss said were the good eps in a week or so, now that they're starting to settle in.