Vid Rec: King of the Lab by
humansrsuperior . I just adored this! Zack and Hodgins competing for the title. From the opening audio to the end I am smiling! I adore these characters and HRS' fast-paced editing is so much fun to watch! She vids circles around me. Go watch!
Picspam and fic Rec: Bones Season 1 Picspam by
spacekid77 . Beautiful season 1 picspam, reminding us why we love Bones. Very nicely put together! Also, this is based on a very lovely set of fics called The Kiss that Missed. I am in the midst of reading them all and am very much enjoying them.
I actually went to the theater the other night and saw a movie 'I Love You, Man'. It's about a guy who's gonna get married to a girl, but has no guy friends for the wedding party. So, he goes out and sets up 'man dates' to find guy friends. I found the film hilarious.. was laughing throughout. A couple of times the humor was tasteless but most of the time I loved it. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit more than I thought I would. And it was a treat to see Jason Segel as one of the main characters. He's also a main character in How I Met Your Mother, which is another thing that I'm liking quite a bit. I've just started season 2 and find that I'm pretty much laughing at everything. I miss comedies.
Back to Bones.. it's BONES day! In fact, two new episodes this week! I'm excited! Tonight I'm watching it with my in-laws because they're coming to town, so not quite sure how that'll work out. At least I know MIL likes the show. Oh and just recently I bought the Bones DVDs.. all three seasons. When I first started watching the show last year, I told myself that I don't need to go buy the DVDs. Every show obsession I buy the DVDs but not this time. I held back so galantly, I thought. Here's how it went:
As for my vidding (Bones), I've gotten a ton done since the kids have been gone to their grandparents'. But I'm holding back now because I want what the new episodes will bring. Given the spoilers, there could be some stuff that I really could use. Maybe I will wait until the season is over.. I don't know. I hope not, because that would feel like torture.
Picspam and fic Rec: Bones Season 1 Picspam by
I actually went to the theater the other night and saw a movie 'I Love You, Man'. It's about a guy who's gonna get married to a girl, but has no guy friends for the wedding party. So, he goes out and sets up 'man dates' to find guy friends. I found the film hilarious.. was laughing throughout. A couple of times the humor was tasteless but most of the time I loved it. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit more than I thought I would. And it was a treat to see Jason Segel as one of the main characters. He's also a main character in How I Met Your Mother, which is another thing that I'm liking quite a bit. I've just started season 2 and find that I'm pretty much laughing at everything. I miss comedies.
Back to Bones.. it's BONES day! In fact, two new episodes this week! I'm excited! Tonight I'm watching it with my in-laws because they're coming to town, so not quite sure how that'll work out. At least I know MIL likes the show. Oh and just recently I bought the Bones DVDs.. all three seasons. When I first started watching the show last year, I told myself that I don't need to go buy the DVDs. Every show obsession I buy the DVDs but not this time. I held back so galantly, I thought. Here's how it went:
- (Season 1) Hmm good show. I like it.
- (Season 2) I love this show, but I've got the AVI files. I don't need the DVDs.
- I ALWAYS buy the DVDs for shows I obsess over. Not this time. I am strong.
- What do I need the DVDs for? It's not like I'm going to watch the episodes again.
- I know ALL of the cases.. nothing will be new on a rewatch. What's the point of watching the episodes again?
- Extended episodes you say? Unaired versions? Hmmm. *wants*
- I can't afford the DVDs. I'm sure my husband will roll his eyes when I tell him I want the DVDs. Flavor of the week, he calls them.
- I love this show. I have guilt.
- And I want to vid with perfectly split audio. Hmmmmm.... they aren't THAT expensive on ebay.
As for my vidding (Bones), I've gotten a ton done since the kids have been gone to their grandparents'. But I'm holding back now because I want what the new episodes will bring. Given the spoilers, there could be some stuff that I really could use. Maybe I will wait until the season is over.. I don't know. I hope not, because that would feel like torture.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 09:14 pm (UTC)Ooooh! And new vids. I'm very much looking forward to new vids. But whenever you and they are ready, and not a moment sooner...
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 10:52 pm (UTC)LOL that is SO true! Nobody in my family ever buys me anything 'fanish' though I ask for the DVDs at birthdays and christmas. It's always something boring. ;) Gift cards are great ideas.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-16 12:31 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 10:05 pm (UTC)Yay for new vids!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 10:14 pm (UTC)Haha, I quite enjoyed reading your thinking process and how you came to the conclusion that you just had to have the Bones Season DVD's. S1 and S2, I actually waited for the price to come down, but Season 3 I bought the day it came out. I was just too excited to get my hands on that extended kiss scene :P.
And yay for new vids! I look forward to whenever you decide to share them. I hope its not until the season is over, but if that's what you decide to do, then I'm sure they'll be worth the wait! :)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 11:22 pm (UTC)Ah, glad to see that you also like How I Met Your Mother. I watched like five episodes yesterday and I tell ya, I could not stop laughing.
S1 and S2, I actually waited for the price to come down, but Season 3 I bought the day it came out. I was just too excited to get my hands on that extended kiss scene :P.
LOL, that's a good reason to grab it up! Thanks to another lovely person, I already had that. For me it was the combo of extended, unaired episodes and 6 channel audio that got me. I was a sucker for the audio. Thank you Fox for that gift.
And aww, glad you're looking forward to my vid. Have you seen my other two Bones vids? I'm not sure if I'm going to wait until the end of the season or not. It just depends on what they give us this week, and next week. I'm really not a patient person, so hope they give up some good stuff soon.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-16 07:06 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-17 11:44 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 10:39 pm (UTC)Gorgeous layout!!!
I can't wait to see I love you Man, as I loved Jason in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Lol! I'm exactly the same with DVDs, I always end up buying the boxsets... at the mo, I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need the new Doctor Who... I reckon they will be sitting on my shelves within the next few months lol!
I'll look forward to seeing your vids!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 11:28 pm (UTC)at the mo, I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need the new Doctor Who... I reckon they will be sitting on my shelves within the next few months lol!
Oh I know! New Who is gorgeous, but hella expensive! I totally understand the dilemma. I ended up buying Seasons 1 and 2 of Who. LOL! No self control!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 11:05 pm (UTC)And I vote for you sharing those videos!! I love your vids!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 11:29 pm (UTC)Oh LOL! And I thought I was bad at having patience! ;)
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 11:46 pm (UTC)I really want to see "I love you, Man" but probably won't be able to until its out on dvd.
yay Bones tonight!!!!! Bones Party! I'm excited we get two this week and next. giddy excited.
*bounces off in excitement*
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-15 11:57 pm (UTC)Hahaha! Believe me, you don't want to see it now! It's in shambles, with black holes in about five places. It needs TLC.
It's a month till the finale, and I knooooooow! I can't wait either. We'll see what the next two weeks brings.
'I Love You, Man' is just hilarious. It's a good DVD movie too, yes. I never go to the theater because it's so damn expensive ($30 for two people is just robbery!), and having kids in bed at night puts a wrench into that plan too.
Bones tonight.... SO excited! You're lucky, it's almost starting there. I still have three hours to wait!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-16 02:45 am (UTC)And waiting on the vid-making is prob a good idea... lots of good fodder in tonight's ep! I so loved it - very SQUEE-worthy! =D
Off to watch the vid rec - thx!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-16 07:22 am (UTC)ots of good fodder in tonight's ep! I so loved it - very SQUEE-worthy! =D
Oh my... I am still reeling from the ep. You're right... very squee-worthy! I hope it jump-starts your muse. :D
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-16 10:02 am (UTC)(I so didn't need them either, but I am justifying it some that now Kate and Matt can watch with me)
Can't wait to hear how your new vid is going (I know it must beautiful upon beautiful)...and how many new eps you will wait through before you decide to finish!
'Cinderella in the Cardboard' was sooooooooooooooo completely awesome! I can't wait to talk to you about it! I was sleepy on and off last night but wish I had pinged you again to hear your throughts...oh well...I'll just bug you later today. :) (how was watching with the inlaws btw? Great to hear your MIL likes Bones!) And tonight we get more Bones again..I am almost drunk on the lovely overload!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-17 11:50 pm (UTC)And it's ALL your fault too...you've 'ruined my life' ..how many times now? I think I am losing count. *hugs*
Um.. *counting*. I can still count it on one hand, so I'm still an innocent. :)
Watching with the in-laws was great! They enjoyed it. And then after that one, we watched last week's episode and then The Woman in Limbo. There's hope for them yet.
I know we've had tons of problems hooking up to chat lately, I'm sorry. Spring break week is nearly over, and with the in-laws in town and me working more, I've had no time. Next week will be back to normal.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-16 03:19 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-16 06:03 pm (UTC)And I know I already told you this but YOUR ICON! *GUH* ♥ Luffly. x)
And whether you wait or not, I hope the vidding goes well and I can't wait to see it!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-17 11:45 pm (UTC)And you totally deserve the rec. The vid is beautiful! Both versions!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-17 06:58 pm (UTC)*stomps foot*
!!
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-17 11:46 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-18 06:48 am (UTC)*still watches I'll Come For You at least three times a week*
(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-19 05:51 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-04-19 06:25 am (UTC)No. Not possible!